Carrying, Movement, & Exploration
- Encumbrance rules determine how much a character's armor and equipment slow him or her down.
- There are three movement scales, as follows.
- Each ability partially describes your character and affects some of his or her actions.
- Some planes have a predisposition to a certain alignment.
Elemental And Energy Traits
- Four basic elements and two types of energy together make up everything.
How Planes Interact
- A plane's magic trait describes how magic works on the plane compared to how it works on the Material Plane.
- The two most important natural laws set by physical traits are how gravity works and how time passes.
- Each plane of existence has its own properties-the natural laws of its universe.
What Is A Plane?
- The planes of existence are different realities with interwoven connections.
Special Abilities & Conditions
- If more than one condition affects a character, apply them all.
- A special ability is either extraordinary, spell-like, or supernatural in nature.
Designing A Trap
Elements Of A Trap
- All traps-mechanical or magic-have the following elements: trigger, reset,...
- Many spells can be used to create dangerous traps. Unless the spell or...
- Dungeons are frequently equipped with deadly mechanical (nonmagical) traps.
- The costs listed for mechanical traps are market prices; those for magic traps are raw material costs.
Types Of Traps
- A trap can be either mechanical or magic in nature.
Monsters With Treasure
- Every monster has a treasure rating (indicating how much treasure it has, although for some creatures the rating is "None").
Table: Mundane Items
Wilderness, Weather, & Environment
- Environmental hazards specific to one kind of terrain (such as an avalanche,...
Types Of Dungeons
- The four basic dungeon types are defined by their current status.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by