- Some planes have a predisposition to a certain alignment.
Elemental And Energy Traits
- Four basic elements and two types of energy together make up everything.
How Planes Interact
- If a link between two planes can be created at any point, the two planes are coexistent.
- Planes that touch at specific points are coterminous.
- Two planes that are separate do not overlap or directly connect to each other.
- A plane's magic trait describes how magic works on the plane compared to how it works on the Material Plane.
- The two most important natural laws set by physical traits are how gravity works and how time passes.
- The direction of gravity's pull may be unusual, and it might even change directions within the plane itself.
- This trait measures how easily the basic nature of a plane can be changed.
Shape And Size
- Planes come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Most planes are infinite, or at least so large that they may as well be infinite.
- The rate of time's passage can vary on different planes, though it remains constant within any particular plane.
- Each plane of existence has its own properties-the natural laws of its universe.
- Just as characters may be lawful neutral or chaotic good, many planes are tied to a particular moral or ethical outlook.
Elemental And Energy Traits
- These traits determine the dominance of particular elemental or energy forces.
- Magic works differently from plane to plane, and magic traits set the boundaries for what it can and can't do.
- These traits determine the laws of physics and nature on the plane, including how gravity and time function.
Elemental Plane Of Air
- The Elemental Plane of Air is an empty plane, consisting of sky above and sky below.
Elemental Plane Of Earth
- The Elemental Plane of Earth is a solid place made of rock, soil, and stone.
Elemental Plane Of Fire
- Everything is alight on the Elemental Plane of Fire.
Elemental Plane Of Water
- The Elemental Plane of Water is a sea without a floor or a surface, an entirely fluid environment lit by a diffuse glow.
Negative Energy Plane
- To an observer, there's little to see on the Negative Energy Plane.
Plane Of Shadow
- The Plane of Shadow is a dimly lit dimension that is both coterminous to and coexistent with the Material Plane.
Positive Energy Plane
- The Positive Energy Plane has no surface and is akin to the Elemental Plane of Air with its wide-open nature.
The Astral Plane
- The Astral Plane is the space between the planes. When a character moves...
The Ethereal Plane
- The Ethereal Plane is coexistent with the Material Plane and often other planes as well.
The Material Plane
- The Material Plane is the center of most cosmologies and defines what is considered normal.
What Is A Plane?
- The planes of existence are different realities with interwoven connections.
- This catch-all category covers all extradimensional spaces that function...
- These six planes are manifestations of the basic building blocks of the universe.
- The Material Plane tends to be the most Earthlike of all planes and operates...
- The deities live on the Outer Planes, as do creatures such as celestials, demons, and devils.
- These three planes have one important common characteristic: Each is used to get from one place to another.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by