• +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma
• Medium: As Medium creatures, duergar have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Duergar base land speed
is 20 feet. However, gray dwarves
can move at this speed
even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed
is reduced in such situations).
• +2 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like effects.
• Stability: Duergar are exceptionally stable on their feet. A duergar receives a +4 bonus on ability checks
made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
• Stonecunning: This ability grants a duergar a +2 racial bonus on Search
checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls
, stonework, traps
, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework.
A gray dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search
check as if he were actively searching, and a duergar can use the Search
skill to find stonework traps
as a rogue
can. A duergar can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human
can sense which way is up. Duergar have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
• Naturally Psionic
: Duergar gain 3 bonus power points
at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability
to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls
against orcs (including half-orcs
) and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
• +4 dodge
bonus to Armor Class
against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
Sensitivity (Ex): Duergar are dazzled in sunlight or within the radius of a daylight
• Duergar have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently
checks and a +1 racial bonus on Listen
checks. They have a +2 racial bonus on Appraise
checks that are related to stone or metal.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Terran.
• Level Adjustment: +1.
|Find topic in: Monsters, Psionic|
| Duergar SRD rpg SRD dungeons Races 3.5 d20 roleplaying Psionic d&d rpg srd roleplaying Races d20 dnd dungeons srd Psionic Psionic Duergar srd dungeons 3.5 Races roleplaying dragons d&d roleplaying roleplaying dragons srd d20 dungeons Psionic SRD Psionic dungeons|