• +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Dwarf base land speed
is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed
even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed
is reduced in such situations).
: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision
is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
• Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search
checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls
, stonework traps
, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search
check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search
skill to find stonework traps
as a rogue
can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human
can sense which way is up.
• Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
• Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks
made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws
against spells and spell-like effects.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls
against orcs and goblinoids.
• +4 dodge
bonus to Armor Class
against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class
, such as when it's caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge
• +2 racial bonus on Appraise
checks that are related to stone or metal items.
• +2 racial bonus on Craft
checks that are related to stone or metal.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome
, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
• Favored Class
. A multiclass dwarf 's fighter
class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing
|Find topic in: Basics, Characters, Combat, Equipment, Monsters, Psionic, Rules of the Game|
| Dwarves d20 dungeons SRD Characters roleplaying d20 dungeons d&d wizards roleplaying wizards rpg Characters dragons dungeons roleplaying Dwarves rpg wizards Characters Races 3.5 wizards d&d Characters 3.5 roleplaying roleplaying SRD dragons roleplaying Races|