MOVEMENT, MODIFIERS, SPECIAL ACTIONS
- To determine whether your target has concealment from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square.
Concealment And Hide Checks
- You can use concealment to make a Hide check. Without concealment, you usually need cover to make a Hide check.
Concealment Miss Chance
- Concealment gives the subject of a successful attack a 20% chance that the attacker missed because of the concealment.
- Concealment isn't always effective. A shadowy area or darkness doesn't...
- If you have line of effect to a target but not line of sight he is considered to have total concealment from you.
Varying Degrees Of Concealment
- Certain situations may provide more or less than typical concealment, and modify the miss chance accordingly.
- To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square.
Big Creatures And Cover
- Any creature with a space larger than 5 feet (1 square) determines cover...
Cover And Attacks Of Opportunity
- You can't execute an attack of opportunity against an opponent with cover relative to you.
Cover And Hide Checks
- You can use cover to make a Hide check. Without cover, you usually need concealment (see below) to make a Hide check.
Cover And Reflex Saves
- Cover grants you a +2 bonus on Reflex saves against attacks that originate...
Low Obstacles And Cover
- A low obstacle (such as a wall no higher than half your height) provides...
- Creatures, even your enemies, can provide you with cover against ranged attacks, giving you a +4 bonus to AC.
- If you don't have line of effect to your target he is considered to have total cover from you.
Varying Degrees Of Cover
- In some cases, cover may provide a greater bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
Favorable And Unfavorable Conditions
Table: Armor Class Modifiers
Table: Attack Roll Modifiers
- When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent...
- A helpless opponent is someone who is bound, sleeping, paralyzed, unconscious, or otherwise at your mercy.
Coup De Grace
- As a full-round action, you can use a melee weapon to deliver a coup de grace to a helpless opponent.
- A helpless character takes a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks, but no penalty to AC against ranged attacks.
Movement, Position, And Distance
- Miniatures are on the 30mm scale-a miniature figure of a six-foot-tall human is approximately 30mm tall.
Big And Little Creatures In Combat
- Creatures smaller than Small or larger than Medium have special rules relating to position.
- In melee combat, you can help a friend attack or defend by distracting or interfering with an opponent.
- You can make a bull rush as a standard action (an attack) or as part of a charge (see Charge, below).
- Charging is a special full-round action that allows you to move up to twice your speed and attack during the action.
- As a melee attack, you may attempt to disarm your opponent.
- Feinting is a standard action. To feint, make a Bluff check opposed by a Sense Motive check by your target.
- Grapple Checks Repeatedly in a grapple, you need to make opposed grapple checks against an opponent.
- You can attempt an overrun as a standard action taken during your move.
- You can use a melee attack with a slashing or bludgeoning weapon to strike a weapon or shield that your opponent is holding.
Table: Special Attacks
Throw Splash Weapon
- A splash weapon is a ranged weapon that breaks on impact, splashing or...
- You can try to trip an opponent as an unarmed melee attack.
Turn Or Rebuke Undead
- Good clerics and paladins and some neutral clerics can channel positive...
- If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon.
Special Initiative Actions
- Here are ways to change when you act during combat by altering your place in the initiative order.
- By choosing to delay, you take no action and then act normally on whatever initiative count you decide to act.
- The ready action lets you prepare to take an action later, after your turn is over but before your next one has begun.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by