- An action's type essentially tells you how long the action takes to perform...
- Your Armor Class (AC) represents how hard it is for opponents to land a solid, damaging blow on you.
- Your attack bonus with a melee weapon is: Base attack bonus + Strength...
- An attack roll represents your attempt to strike your opponent on your turn in a round.
Attacks Of Opportunity
- Sometimes a combatant in a melee lets her guard down.
- This section summarizes the statistics that determine success in combat, and then details how to use
- When your attack succeeds, you deal damage. The type of weapon used determines the amount of damage you deal.
- Free actions don't take any time at all, though there may be limits to the number of free actions you can perform in a turn.
- A full-round action requires an entire round to complete.
- When your hit point total reaches 0, you're disabled.
How Combat Works
- Combat is cyclical; everybody acts in turn in a regular cycle of rounds.
Injury And Death
- Your hit points measure how hard you are to kill. No matter how many hit...
- With the exception of specific movement-related skills, most move actions don't require a check.
- Generally, when you are subject to an unusual or magical attack, you get a saving throw to avoid or reduce the effect.
- Your speed tells you how far you can move in a round and still do something, such as attack or cast a spell.
The Combat Round
- Each round represents 6 seconds in the game world. A round presents an...
Movement, Modifiers, Special Actions
- To determine whether your target has concealment from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square.
- To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square.
Favorable And Unfavorable Conditions
- When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent...
- A helpless opponent is someone who is bound, sleeping, paralyzed, unconscious, or otherwise at your mercy.
Movement, Position, And Distance
- Miniatures are on the 30mm scale-a miniature figure of a six-foot-tall human is approximately 30mm tall.
Special Initiative Actions
- Here are ways to change when you act during combat by altering your place in the initiative order.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by