- An action's type essentially tells you how long the action takes to perform...
- Your Armor Class (AC) represents how hard it is for opponents to land a solid, damaging blow on you.
- Your attack bonus with a melee weapon is: Base attack bonus + Strength...
- An attack roll represents your attempt to strike your opponent on your turn in a round.
Attacks Of Opportunity
- Sometimes a combatant in a melee lets her guard down.
- This section summarizes the statistics that determine success in combat, and then details how to use
- When your attack succeeds, you deal damage. The type of weapon used determines the amount of damage you deal.
- Free actions don't take any time at all, though there may be limits to the number of free actions you can perform in a turn.
- A full-round action requires an entire round to complete.
- When your hit point total reaches 0, you're disabled.
How Combat Works
- Combat is cyclical; everybody acts in turn in a regular cycle of rounds.
Injury And Death
- Your hit points measure how hard you are to kill. No matter how many hit...
- With the exception of specific movement-related skills, most move actions don't require a check.
- Generally, when you are subject to an unusual or magical attack, you get a saving throw to avoid or reduce the effect.
- Your speed tells you how far you can move in a round and still do something, such as attack or cast a spell.
The Combat Round
- Each round represents 6 seconds in the game world. A round presents an...
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by