- Creatures have the same six ability scores as characters: Strength (Str),...
Acquiring A Character Class
- A creature that acquires a character class follows the rules for multiclass characters.
- Creatures with 1 or fewer Hit Dice that acquire character class levels...
- Adding character classes to a creature never affects its size.
- Creatures that take levels of a character class do not gain as many skill points as a human character of the same class.
Table: Skill Points Per Class Level For Nonhumans
Talents And Abilities
- Creatures that advance by character class gain special talents and abilities, which are noted here.
Action Points (Ap)
- Creatures have no action points. However, creatures can gain action points by taking levels in a heroic character class.
- The GM can improve a creature by increasing its Hit Dice.
- An increase in size affects a creature's Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution,...
- Table: Creature Saves and Base Attack Bonuses shows how a creature's base attack bonus improves as it gains Hit Dice.
- An increase in size affects a creature's Defense, as shown on Table: Creature Sizes.
- An increase in size affects a creature's grapple modifier, as shown on Table: Creature Sizes.
Increasing Hit Dice
- As a creature gains Hit Dice, many of its game statistics change.
- Table: Creature Saves and Base At-tack Bonuses shows how a creature's saving throw bonuses improve as it gains Hit Dice.
- Adding Hit Dice to a creature can also increase its size.
Skills And Feats
- As shown on Table: Bonus Skill Points and Feats by Creature Type, a creature...
Table: Adjustments To Physical Abilities And Natural Armor
Table: Bonus Skill Points And Feats By Creature Type
- This entry lists the creature's most likely allegiances, in order from most important to least important.
Base Attack Bonus (Bab)
- A creature's base attack bonus does not include any modifiers.
Challenge Rating (Cr)
- A creature's Challenge Rating provides a rough measure of the creature's toughness in a combat situation.
- Each creature is organized in the same general format, as described in the following text.
- A creature's Defense includes a parenthetical mention of the modifiers contributing to it.
- This section lists alphabetically all the creature's feats.
- The creature's secondary attacks with natural weapons take only a -2 penalty.
- The creature is adept at using all its natural weapons at once.
- Without this feat, the creature's secondary natural attacks take a -5 penalty.
- Three or more natural weapons.
Fighting Space (Fs)
- Fighting space approximates the amount of space a creature needs to move...
Full Attack (Full Atk)
- A creature that takes no more than a 5-foot step during its turn can make a full attack using all of its natural weapons.
Grapple Modifier (Grap)
- Whenever a creature makes an opposed grapple check, apply this modifier to its d20 roll.
Hit Dice (Hd) And Hit Points (Hp)
- A creature's type and size determine its Hit Dice. A creature's Hit Dice...
- The creature's modifier on initiative checks is usually equal to its Dexterity...
- Creatures that use manufactured weapons follow the same rules as characters,...
Massive Damage Threshold (Mas)
- When a creature takes damage from a single attack equal to or greater than...
- Natural weapons include teeth, claws, horns, and the like.
Primary Attack (Atk)
- If a creature moves more than 5 feet in the same round it attacks, it makes...
- A creature's reach is the distance at which it can strike targets with...
- A creature has a Reputation bonus of +0 but may increase the bonus by taking levels in a character class.
- A creature's Fortitude, Reflex, and Will saving throw modifiers take into...
- A creature falls into one of nine size categories. The size categories are briefly described in Table: Creature Sizes.
- This section lists alphabetically all the creature's skills by name along...
Special Qualities (Sq)
- Many creatures have unusual abilities. A special quality can be extraordinary (Ex), spell-like (Sp), or supernatural (Su).
- A creature's tactical speed on land is the amount of distance it can cover in one move action.
- A creature's type determines many of its characteristics and abilities:...
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by