INTELLIGENT, CURSED, & ARTIFACTS
- Artifacts are extremely powerful. Rather than merely another form of magic...
Major Artifact Descriptions
- Major artifacts are unique items-only one of each such item exists.
Minor Artifact Descriptions
- Described below is a selection of the most well-known (not necessarily the most numerous) minor artifacts.
- Minor artifacts are not necessarily unique items. Even so, they are magic...
- Cursed items are magic items with some sort of potentially negative impact.
- The user believes the item is what it appears to be, yet it actually has no magical power other than to deceive.
- Items with drawbacks are usually still beneficial to the possessor but they also carry some negative aspect.
- The three varieties of intermittent functioning items all function perfectly as described-at least some of the time.
Opposite Effect Or Target
- These cursed items malfunction, so that either they do the opposite of...
- In a sense, a command word is a requirement. Nevertheless, some items have...
Specific Cursed Items
- Specific Cursed Items are provided as examples of cursed items.
- Magic items sometimes have intelligence of their own.
- A dedicated power operates only when an intelligent item is in pursuit of its special purpose.
Intelligent Item Alignment
- Any item with intelligence has an alignment. Note that intelligent weapons...
Intelligent Item Powers
- The table above determines how many lesser and greater powers an intelligent item has.
- Ego is a measure of the total power and force of personality that an item possesses.
- An item's purpose must suit the type and alignment of the item and should always be treated reasonably.
Items Against Characters
- When an item has an Ego of its own, it has a will of its own.
Languages Spoken By Item
- Like a character, an intelligent item speaks Common plus one additional language per point of Intelligence bonus.
Special Purpose Items
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by