An antimagic field spell or effect cancels magic altogether. An antimagic effect has the following powers and characteristics.
• No supernatural ability, spell-like ability, or spell works in an area of antimagic (but extraordinary abilities still work).
• Antimagic does not dispel magic; it suppresses it. Once a magical effect is no longer affected by the antimagic (the antimagic fades, the center of the effect moves away, and so on), the magic returns. Spells that still have part of their duration left begin functioning again, magic items are once again useful, and so forth.
• Spell areas that include both an antimagic area and a normal area, but are not centered in the antimagic area, still function in the normal area. If the spell's center is in the antimagic area, then the spell is suppressed.
• Golems and other constructs, elementals, outsiders, and corporeal undead, still function in an antimagic area (though the antimagic area suppresses their spellcasting and their supernatural and spell-like abilities normally). If such creatures are summoned or conjured, however, see below.
• Summoned or conjured creatures of any type, as well as incorporeal undead, wink out if they enter the area of an antimagic effect. They reappear in the same spot
once the field goes away.
• Magic items with continuous effectsdo not function in the area of an antimagic effect, but their effects are not canceled (so the contents of a bag of holding are unavailable, but neither spill out nor disappear forever).
• Two antimagic areas in the same place do not cancel each other out, nor do they stack.
• Wall of force, prismatic wall,
and prismatic sphere
are not affected by antimagic. Break enchantment, dispel magic,
and greater dispel magic
spells do not dispel antimagic. Mage's disjunction
has a 1% chance per caster level of destroying an antimagic field.
If the antimagic field
survives the disjunction,
no items within it are disjoined.
|Find topic in: Basics, Epic, Magic, Rules of the Game|
| dnd roleplaying srd Special dragons Basics d20 Abilities d&d srd roleplaying Abilities roleplaying rpg Conditions 3.5 Basics roleplaying Special 3.5 Special d20 Conditions Special Special Basics 3.5 Conditions Conditions dnd wizards Special rpg SRD SRD d&d|