A Question Of Identity
- If a person is the sum of all his experiences, a clone is no more the person...
- In most settings, nanotechnology is not some cheap technology that can be picked up off the street.
- In addition to the independent and internal nanocolonies, a third type of nanocolony exists.
An Army Of One
- In a setting where cloning and artificial aging are commonplace, it is...
- In the modern world, celebrities and VIPs often hire look-alike actors...
- In societies where clones are not afforded the rights and protections given...
- In a society that places a higher value on clone life, the world's rich and powerful might still create cadres of clones.
- Another type of genetic engineering found in many futuristic settings is cloning.
- One of the most basic implementations of genetic manipulation is modifying...
- Using advanced PL 5 techniques, it is possible for scientists to learn...
- Genetic manipulation becomes possible at PL 5 when technology advances...
I'll Take Two
- One of the simplest processes using matter replication is the duplication of an existing object.
- An independent nanocolony is one that is capable of functioning and surviving outside of a contained environment.
- Gray goo is the ultimate destructive application of nanotechnology.
- Internal nanocolonies operate within a living host.
- Unseen bodyguard usually does not appear until PL 7 or PL 8, due to the complex nature of its programming.
- This collection of intelligent nanites looks like a formless, colorless substance.
- The ability to create any object from seeming nothingness is a common theme in science fiction.
From A Lump Of Clay . . .
- Another type of matter replication transforms a substance known as protomatter into the desired object.
- One source of matter replication is reminiscent of the ancient technique k nown as alchemy.
- Some time toward the end of PL 5 or the beginning of PL 6, researchers...
More Human Than Human
- Beginning early in PL 6, scientists discover ways to not only replace abnormal...
Gene Therapy Templates
- The potential uses of gene therapy are not limited to special abilities.
My, How You've Grown
- The advent of cloning allows scientists to create genetically identical embryos that age normally.
- Nanohunters are nanoviruses with one specific purpose: to search and destroy other nanites.
- Unlike nanoviruses, nanoaugmenters latch onto a specific biological system...
- After a society creates artificial intelligence, nanomachines become far...
- Nanotechnology is a broad, new, mostly hypothetical area of research.
The Littlest Robot
- The basic working unit of nanotechnology is a nanite-a single robot that can be as small as a dozen atoms in length.
- Nanoviruses are nanocolonies that act like viruses.
- A beneficial nanovirus, calcion is one of the most commonly used nanocolonies in the field of medicine.
- A derivative compound based on gray goo, gray death is a horrible weapon that kills in a slow and painful manner.
- One of the most beneficial discoveries to come out of nanotechnology, onco-guard...
- Another incredibly dangerous nanovirus, resilite is used in both torture and espionage.
- A particularly vicious nanovirus, stiletto causes damage directly to a...
- Science is not a process that happens quickly, although key developments...
- Since nanites are small machines controlled by small computers, they can be programmed and reprogrammed accordingly.
- If the scientific community is allowed to work through the technical problems...
Something From Nothing
- Almost incomprehensible to modern science, one final means of replication should also be considered.
The Breath Of Life
- While matter replication can duplicate inanimate objects from the proper...
The One And Only
- In the case of matter duplication, there are very few minute differences between the original and the duplicated object.
- Gene therapy as practiced at PL 5-targeting specific cells for localized...
What If It Escapes?
- Specimens for use in laboratory experiments are generally bred to be short-lived,...
- The organism requires a particular item or condition to survive.
- The organism has an extreme preference (or an extreme dislike) for a certain condition.
- The organism is damaged by a specific condition or material.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by