Charges And Multiple Uses
- Some items are limited in power by the number of charges they hold or the number of power points they contain.
Creating Psionic Items
- To calculate the costs involved in creating a psionic item, refer to Creating Magic Items.
- To create a dorje, a character needs a small supply of materials, the most...
Creating Power Stones
- To create a power stone, a character needs a supply of incense and fine...
- To create a psicrown, a character needs a supply of materials, the most...
Creating Psionic Tattoos
- The creator of a psionic tattoo must have a patch of uncovered skin free...
Creating Universal Items
- To create a universal item, a character usually needs some sort of equipment or tools to work on the item.
- Some psionic items are cursed-incorrectly made, or corrupted by outside forces.
Damaging Psionic Items
- A psionic item doesn't need to make a saving throw unless it is unattended,...
- Some psionic items (especially psionic weapons and shields) may take damage over the course of an adventure.
- Some psionic items, particularly weapons, have an intelligence all their own.
Magic Items For Psionic Characters
- Many magic items can aid psionic characters. The table below provides some possibilities.
Table: Magic-Psionics Equivalencies
Psionic Item Descriptions
- In the following sections, each type of psionic item, such as armor or...
Armor And Shields
- In general, psionic armor and shields follow the rules for the equivalent...
- Most of the time, a detect psionicspower will reveal the discipline associated...
- Cognizance crystals store power points that psionic characters can use to pay for manifesting their powers.
Cost To Create
- The cost in gold pieces and experience points to create the item is given in the summary following the word "Cost.
- A dorje is a slender crystal that contains a single power.
- The next entry in the summary indicates the level of the creator (or the...
- This gold piece value, given in the summary following the word "Price,"...
- A power stone stores a power (or collection of powers).
- Certain requirements must be met in order for a character to create a psionic item.
- A psicrown is a special headband that stores several powers.
- Psionic tattoos are designs scribed on the skin that manifest powers on their wearers.
Random Psionic Items
- This is a catchall category for any psionic item that doesn't fall into the other groups.
- Although they generally follow the rules for magic weapons, psionic weapons...
- The notational entry for many items ends with a value for the item's weight.
Saving Throws Against Psionic Item Powers
- Psionic items produce psionic powers. The DC of a saving throw against...
- In addition to psionic items with imbedded powers, some substances have innate special properties.
- Deep crystal is crystal of above-average quality found at the hearts of large veins or deposits of mundane crystal (see below).
- Mundane crystal can be used in place of metal in weapons or armor, using a special forging process.
- To use a psionic item, it must be activated, although sometimes activation...
- If no activation method is suggested either in the psionic item description...
- This is the activation method for power stones. A power stone holds a power that is mostly finished.
- This is the activation method for dorjes and psicrowns.
- This type of psionic item simply has to be used to activate.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by