DEATH, DYING, AND HEALING
Disabled (0 Hit Points)
- When a character's current hit points drop to exactly 0, the character is disabled.
Dying (-1 To -9 Hit Points)
- When a character's current hit points drop below 0, the character is dying.
Effects Of Hit Point Damage
- At 0 hit points, a character is disabled. At from -1 to -9 hit points, a character is dying.
- After taking damage, a character can recover hit points through natural...
Healing Ability Damage
- Ability damage returns at the rate of 1 point per evening of rest (8 hours of sleep).
Increases In Constitution Score And Current Hit Points
- An increase in a character's Constitution score-even a temporary one-can...
Injury And Death
- Hit points measure how hard a character is to kill.
- Any time a character takes damage from a single hit that exceeds the character's...
- A character recovers 1 hit point per character level per evening of rest (8 hours of sleep).
- Nonlethal damage is dealt by unarmed attackers and some weapons.
Recovering With Help
- A dying character can be made stable by the use of the Treat Injury skill (DC 15).
Recovering Without Help
- Each round, a dying character makes a Fortitude saving throw (DC 20).
Stable Characters And Recovery
- A dying character (one with -1 to -9 hit points) is un-conscious and loses...
Temporary Hit Points
- Certain effects can give a character temporary hit points.
This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the
Open Game License v1.0a
Compilation, formatting and oranization by